ADSM-L

Re: TSM/MVS 3.1.1.3

1999-11-12 10:44:54
Subject: Re: TSM/MVS 3.1.1.3
From: Steve Fletcher <sfletcher AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:44:54 -0500
Gail,
I suspect you are "plagued" by the expiration bug.  When we upgraded our MVS
(OS/390) server from ADSM v2.1.x to v3.1.x we encountered a similar problem.  An
additional manifestation was that no tapes were coming up for reclamation which
meant I was rapidly running out of scratch tapes.  A little research and some
questions on this newsgroup revealed the problem was in expiration.  I was
strongly urged to upgrade to v3.1.2.40 (or higher) to correct the problem and
after having done so, the problem was resolved.

You can order the PTF's from IBMLINK for electronic shipment and the
implementation was extremely smooth.  You should seriously look at moving to
3.1.2.40.  If you have any questions, email me direct.

Good luck!
Steve Fletcher

Gail A Johnson <Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM> on 11/11/99 05:16:00 PM