ADSM-L

AW: Reclamation does not work

1999-11-12 09:56:55
Subject: AW: Reclamation does not work
From: "Grendelman M. (Martijn)" <Martijn.Grendelman AT NL.FORTIS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:56:55 +0100
The EXPIRE INVENTORY command should delete references of expired files from
the database, and they should not be restorable after that.

Reclamation just copies data from several almost-empty tapes onto a new one
to free up storage volumes and has no influence on the availability of
backup data.

So it must be something else...

Martijn.