ADSM-L

Re: 3TB DB2 database backup

1999-11-10 12:55:27
Subject: Re: 3TB DB2 database backup
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:55:27 -0500
Take ADSM out of this picture!

There is no need for it.  DB2 is robust enough
to do the backups to a local tape robot.  It can manage
a backup cycle and expire old backups all by itself.
The db2 control center can now be run remotely and
over the web as a java servelet.

3T of sap data sounds 'mission critical' to me.
Tell your client to stop being penny wise and pound foolish.
Bolt on a 3494 and assign someone to manage it.

--