ADSM-L

Solaris client TCP window size warnings

1999-11-10 05:58:15
Subject: Solaris client TCP window size warnings
From: Steven Bridge <ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:58:15 +0000
I'm just adding our first Solaris ADSM clients and I notice that we
are getting written into our dsmerror.log file, the following :

1999.11.10 02:12:02 TcpOpen(): Warning. The TCP window size defined to ADSM is n
ot supported by your system.
 It will be to set default size - 33232

I have tried setting the tcpwindowsize option within dsm.sys to
different values but these are specified in multiples of K, whereas
the sizes the operating system appears to want are not.
So I can't see any way to avoid getting this message - which means
over time that the dsmerror.log will get increasingly larger.

Has anyone else seen this - and have you been able to prevent this
happening ?

The solaris TCP window settings are the defaults,
tcp_xmit_hiwat=8192, tcp_xmit_lowat=2048, tcp_recv_hiwat=8192
but I'm not sure how relevant these are - not being a solaris expert.
I'm using Solaris 2.6 and ADSM client 3.1.0.7.

 Steven Bridge     Systems Group, Information Systems, EISD
                          University College London
 email: s.bridge AT ucl.ac DOT uk                   tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2794