ADSM-L

SQL Connect Agent Issues

1999-11-09 12:07:41
Subject: SQL Connect Agent Issues
From: Steve Cartacki <cartacs AT PJM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:07:41 -0500
ADSM'ers

It sounded simple enough, however  !!!!!  ............  I Just installed the
ADSM SQL Connect Agent 1.1.1a on an NT 4.0 sp4 box running Microsoft SQL 7.0.
Bottom line......I am trying to create an ADSM scheduled backup of my databases.
I first created a test 'sqlback.cmd' file (in c:\progra~1\ibm\adsm\agentsql)
that basically reads like this.

set sql_dir=c:\progra~1\ibm\adsm\agentsql
cd %sql_dir%
date <nul  >> %sql_dir%\sqlback.log
time <nul  >> %sql_dir%\sqlback.log
sqldsmc.exe /backupfull:pubs

Next I setup an ADSM Schedule that calls the 'sqlback.cmd' file.
Action=COMMAND, Objects=c:\progra~1\ibm\adsm\agentsql.\sqlback.cmd.  When the
scheduled event runs I get the following output in the dsmsched.log

The system cannot accept the date entered.
Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy) The system cannot accept the time entered.
Enter the new time: The system cannot accept the date entered.

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft SQL Server - Version 1, Release 1, Level 1
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 1998. All rights reserved.

***FIXTEST - Version 1.1.1A

ACO2518E -- Invalid command line parameter: files\ibm\adsm\agentsql\sqlback.log

A few other notes. I have created a separate scheduler service just for SQL
backups.  The service runs under an account that has the necessary SQL
priveleges.  Also, when the 'sqlback.cmd'  file is run locally on the server, it
runs like a champ !!!  Any ideas on this are appreciated.  Thanks.

Steve Cartacki
Business LAN Engineering
PJM Interconnection, LLC
(610)666-4658