ADSM-L

Fixtests for Netware

1999-11-05 16:48:09
Subject: Fixtests for Netware
From: "Foley, Joe" <Joe.Foley AT BAIN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:48:09 -0500
Hello all.

I am hoping someone can clear my confusion about the fixtests that are
posted on ibm's ftp site. For the Netware client, there are three different
fixtests that are dated between 10/19/1999 and 10/22/1999. In the readme
files they all say they fix IC24389 and IC24313, but they each also fix
another problem:

IC25008M -  has to do with a problem scanning some NW5 subdirectories
IC24657N - a memory leak
IC24606O - fixes a problem backing up NDS

The letters would seem to indicate that 24606 is the latest release but the
readme says nothing about it fixing the  problems from the other APARs. Is
it the case that multiple fixtests are released to fix multiple problems? If
so, what do people do who are having more than one of these problems? Or are
the fixtests cumulative?

I have been trying to figure this out but I haven't found any information on
how these fixes are released. Is there a FAQ somewhere that I am missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe