ADSM-L

Re: Separate pool for each client vs. One pool with collocation

1999-11-05 10:38:45
Subject: Re: Separate pool for each client vs. One pool with collocation
From: Liyan Cao <Liyan.Cao AT CHARMING DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:38:45 -0500
I know having fewer pools will make our admin work easier.  However,
it might make the operation more difficult.  Currently, we've three 3570 tape
library. Everyday, operators have to manually checkin and checkout tapes
more than 60 times.  I just try to minimize their workload and try to predict
which tapes might be needed before backup , restore and reclamation. So
that they can checkin and checkout many tapes at one time. (They've to
go to different room to do that).
Seems to me with many tapes in one pool, the prediction is hard
to make.  (I tried to make, however adsm didn't follow when doing the
reclamation)
That's why I try to make the number of tapes in one pool
 no more than 19 so that we can manage them.

Thanks,
Liyan

---------------------- Forwarded by Liyan Cao/BEN/FB/CSI on 11/05/99 09:33 AM
sfletcher AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM on 11/05/99 10:40:14 AM
sfletcher AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM on 11/05/99 10:40:14 AM