ADSM-L

Re: Online Agents and MS Cluster.

1999-11-03 15:06:20
Subject: Re: Online Agents and MS Cluster.
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 15:06:20 -0500
First you need either ADSM 3.1.0.7f fixtest level (IC23396F) or TSM 3.7
client for cluster support.

I have 2 clusters working, but no agents. I think the way I would approach
this s to install the B/A Client to both servers in the cluster, as well as
the agent(s). The options file(s) for the B/A client and agents would be on
a shared cluster disk.

Then I would create a scheduler service for each agent, exactly the same on
both servers in the cluster. You would need to fail over the disk resources
to gain access to the options file(s) on the shared disk. Make these
services as manual start.

Then either follow the README or the red book, create a generic service
resource as part of the cluster resource definition. Now, which ever server
'owns' the cluster resources will have the scheduler services started. I
would also make sure you are running PROMPTED as the schedmode.

HTH,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.