ADSM-L

AW: Reboot after NT Client install necessary?

1999-10-26 05:32:34
Subject: AW: Reboot after NT Client install necessary?
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:32:34 +0200
Right. The smarter installation routines implemented beginning with 3.1.0.7
only suggest a reboot to be performed when it seems really necessary. That
is when Microsoft free distributable DLLs were replaced with a new version.
Of course to get on the really save side you could stop and uninstall the
scheduler service, uninstall all ADSM, reboot the machine, reinstall ADSM,
reboot the machine, reinstall the scheduler service, reboot the machine and
you get independence from all problems that might could have happened
without a reboot...

Unfortunately we often do not have enough time to waste any for unnecessary
reboots and I don't want to throw out our users more often than necessary.
Every time ADSM didn't suggest a reboot everything went fine without the
reboot. When a reboot request was on the screen I sometimes gave it a try
without - and there were cases where it worked as well as some where I got
error messages and there I did the reboot...

Regards,
Michael
--
Michael H. Bartl