ADSM-L

Re: SQL-BackTrack Expiration vs ADSM Expiration

1999-10-21 23:15:53
Subject: Re: SQL-BackTrack Expiration vs ADSM Expiration
From: Paul Fielding <paul.fielding AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:15:53 -0600
I would take it a step further.  There was a version of SQL backtrack (can't
recall which one)  that had a bug where it would not always tell ADSM to
delete data that it should be deleting.  I believe the problem has been
fixed, but since I'm fairly paranoid, my suggestion is to send SQL backtrack
data to archive mgmt classes instead of backup mgmt classes.  Set the RETV
to a number a bit higher than however long you wish to keep the data around
for, and if SQL backtrack for some reason doesn't expire it properly, ADSM
will....

Paul