ADSM-L

HELP / How can I generate a list of the tapes needed to restore an entire filespace ?

1999-10-18 17:50:34
Subject: HELP / How can I generate a list of the tapes needed to restore an entire filespace ?
From: "Kent J. Monthei" <Kent_J_Monthei AT SBPHRD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:50:34 -0400
I'm running ADSM Server version 3.1.2.20 / ADSM Client 3.1.0.6.  I have a group
of client nodes that share a common tapepool.    I lost an entire filespace on
one of the nodes & now have to restore it.

Each node backs up multiple partitions directly to the tapepool (primary pool)
every night, and the tapes are sent off-site the following day, so all the tapes
I need for the restore are off-site.  I can't afford the cost or time to wait
for an ADSM restore session to iteratively prompt for the next tape volume, then
go retrieve it from our off-site storage vendor.  I pay a fixed premium for each
emergency tape delivery, regardless of the number of tapes delivered, plus there
is a 2-hour minimum delay per delivery.  I need the ability to identify and
recall all tapes that will be needed, before I initiate the restore.

Does anyone know an SQL Select query (or any other way) to identify all/only
those tapes needed to restore filespace X on node Y, either for all active files
only (point-in-time 'now') or for a point-in-time Z ?

-rsvp