ADSM-L

Re: ANR8824E Errors on 3494 with 3590E Drives

1999-09-30 11:27:30
Subject: Re: ANR8824E Errors on 3494 with 3590E Drives
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:27:30 -0400
> I don't have 3590-E drives, but I'm fixing to upgrade Atape and atldd so just
> out of curiosity I looked at the fixlist files. The entry for level 4.3.9
> (which
> I've pasted and highlighted here) looks like it might have something to do
> with
> your problem.
>  4.3.9.0   Increase timeouts for 3590E and 3570 extended media
>
> Since you are already at a higher level than this, perhaps this fix didn't
> completely fix the problem and IBM/Tivoli needs to take another look.
>
> The error I am getting is always on this operation, which looks to be a
> mount request:
>
>         ANR8824E I/O Error on library TAPELIB2; request some-number for
> operation 004C6D31

I do believe that the increased timeout values are for operations like
rewind and forward space, and would have nothing to do with accessing the
Library and mount requests.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,