ADSM-L

Magstar MP 3570, B-Series

1999-09-30 02:08:19
Subject: Magstar MP 3570, B-Series
From: Maporce Ajahko <maporce AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 06:08:19 GMT
Anybody is using Magstar MP 3570, B-Series.  Does this system has hardware
level compression option?
If not, how can I utilize this system more with ADSM and get more space on
each tape.  As of now, without having compression I'm only getting a bit
over 5 GB of space.  I have client "COMPression  to YES"  Also I even
recently changed "Recording Format"
on server to "C" or 3570C which as help is indicating "Specifies that ADSM
writes data using the compressed format. This format, however, uses the tape
drive's hardware compression feature, so the actual capacity may be greater,
depending on the effectiveness of compression."  No use, same 5 GB.  I heard
you can get even up to 20 to 30 GB on each tape.
Any light, appreciate.