ADSM-L

ADSM - Exabyte 220 inquiry

1999-09-28 06:12:18
Subject: ADSM - Exabyte 220 inquiry
From: Abeid Al-Habsy <abeid.ahh.habsy AT PDO.CO DOT OM>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:12:18 +0400
ADSMers,

Our ADSM server on NT platform (ADSM v3.1.2.20) uses Exabyte 220
library. The library has Eliant 820 drives.  We want to equip the
libraryt with the barcode reader,

1). If you are using this type of library equipped with a barcode
reader. Can you please tell me - how does it perform - in relation with
the ADSM server device service.

2). I have noticed that if the 'label' ADSM command is used on the 112
8mm tapes the command works, but when used on the 160XL tapes, the
labeling fails. This is not the case if  'dsmlabel' utility is used. Is
this normal ?

3). The ADSM server places tapes into 'readonly' status a number of
tapes, some of the tapes have only been used once ! Do you face similar
problems ?

Regards,
Abeid Hamad Al-Habsy, TCS/11.