ADSM-L

Re: The ADSM Disaster Recovery test.

1999-09-28 05:05:47
Subject: Re: The ADSM Disaster Recovery test.
From: Andreas Buser <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:05:47 +0200
The most assuring test would be to format/initialize the disk and the
recover.
     1. First erase disk
     2. Recover System
     3. Boot System
     4. Check if all ok

We did this tests on NT, Solaris and Netware and had good expiriences.

All is well described in the manuals of ADSM and your OS.

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser
Abt. Informatik
Aeschengraben 21
4002 Basel
Switzerland

                    ABDULSALAM
                    ABDULLA              An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <salam@DUBAL.        Kopie:
                    CO.AE>               Thema:  The ADSM Disaster Recovery
test.
                    Gesendet von:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    28.09.99
                    06:31
                    Bitte
                    antworten an
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I have 3 types of clients, NT, AIX, HP.  ADSM server is running on
RS/6000-AIX.
Prior to going live, I need to do a complete Disaster Recovery Test on
each system.
What would be the most assuring test on each system, I need steps on
each system.
Please share with me your experiences and tests which you have done
prior to go-live
on any of these systems.

Thanks,
Salam