ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:39:22
Hello everyone. One of our 3590 library is acting up again.
When I query the library, it shows all tapes but one. The
one tape not displayed is still physically in the slot. I tried to
check it out but to no avail. I got the following message:

ANR8433E CHECKOUT LIBVOLUME: Volume SH0133 is not
present in library 3590LIB0.

In the past, the only way I can retrieve the volume was to offline
the library and manually pull out the tape.  Then I would audit the
library. After that, I was able to checkin any tape and the query
would show all tapes.  That was a temporary solution. Since it
became more frequent now, I was wondering if anyone knows of
a permanent solution.

We are currently at 3.1.2.20 on AIX 4.3.2.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Angel

--openmail-part-0e3e09fd-00000001--