ADSM-L

Re: STK9740

1999-09-24 14:23:35
Subject: Re: STK9740
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:23:35 -0400
Clint,

Hmmmm, this seems familiar to a problem that we had with our STK9730.  I
had forgotten to use the LABEL LIBV command and give the tapes an internal
label before checking in the tapes.  Since you used the CHECKLABEL=BARCODE
parameter when checking in the tapes, the library didn't look for an
internal label on the tapes and so there didn't seem to be a problem.
What I'm thinking that happened (as was in our case) is that when you
tried to do a DB BACKUP, it didn't find an internal label on the first
scratch tape it selected, and so it spat out the I/O error.  What I did to
fix the problem was to check out all the tapes (with CHECKLABEL=NO so it
doesn't look for tape's internal label) and then do the LABEL LIBV
command. You can include the parameter CHECKIN=SCRATCH to check them in at
the same time they are labeled.  Also, you can do HELP LABEL LIBV for more
info.

Hope this applies to your situation,

adam

--