ADSM-L

MAC support on Netware client

2015-10-04 17:39:22
Subject: MAC support on Netware client
From: c.jordan AT ELSEVIER.CO DOT UK
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
In the readme for 3.1.0.7 (PTF 21617) it says
*** MAC name space support has been removed from the ADSM client. ***
*** If you have installed PTF IP21617 and it has converted your ***
*** filespace on the ADSM server to NTW:MAC. You can determine ***
*** this by issuing ADSM command 'Query Filespace'. If the ***
*** type shows NTW:MAC you need to contact ADSM Service before ***
*** installing this fixtest. ***

I haven't installed PTF 21617 yet. I would like to, but I do not want to
lose the Mac filename support. Does anyone know if:

1) MAC filename support was removed in 21617, but it returns with hot fix
APAR IC24389?
2) MAC filename support is removed in 3.1.0.7, but it returns in the next
release?
3) MAC filename support is removed, never to return??

Cheers, Chris

The README for APAR IC24389 shows "Problem: High CPU usage. Resolution:
removed MAC name space support". This could be read in two ways:
1) The description of the problem is that MAC support is removed. IC24389
fixes this problem and puts MAC support back again.
2) The resolution to the problem is that MAC support is removed.