ADSM-L

NT gui hangs system

2015-10-04 17:39:22
Subject: NT gui hangs system
From: Fred Johanson [mailto:fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
My server is AIX 4.3.2, running 3.1.2.40. My admin client is 3.0.1.7,
running on NT sp4.  This morning, while expiration was running, I clicked
on "NODES" on the gui.  The hourglass never disappeared, the session
wouldn't cancel, even after the task was ended, and all processing stopped:
e the expiration process examined no more objects, active sessions neither
sent nor received more bytes nor were idle, and new sessions did nothing.
I halted and restarted the system, and everything was fine.  I've been told
by others here that clicking on "FILESPACES" will produce the same reaction.

Anyone else seen this?  What can be done?

Fred Johanson
System Administrator, ADSM
S.E.A.
University of Chicago