ADSM-L

Exchange Restore plea for responses

1999-09-21 14:51:54
Subject: Exchange Restore plea for responses
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:51:54 -0400
Hi Folks -

Can anyone validate that they have backed up Exchange on one hardware type,(
e.g Compaq 3000), and restored to a new piece of hardware, ( e.g. Compaq
5000 ), successfully. We can backup and restore to and from the same
hardware but then the same restore to a hew hardware device appears to
complete successfully but the eseutil which is run post restore comes back
with a corrupt database error.
"1206 - JET_errDatabaseCorrupted non-db file or coruppted db"

we also run Groupshield antivirus on these boxes Has anyone detected or
identified any errors with this software and ADSM backup of Exchange?

We have escallated this to IBM, Thanks Del for your help!
We have looked into all the Q articles ( e.g. Q230215...)

ADSM Server is AIX V4.3.2.0 ADSM Server version 3.1.2.20

Client version is 3.1.0.6 agent Version is 1.1.0.b

Thanks!!!

Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com