ADSM-L

Restoring Files to a Public Drive

1999-09-21 14:22:11
Subject: Restoring Files to a Public Drive
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:22:11 -0500
I have a situation where some clients of mine work on spreadsheets on a
common server drive.  We recently updated them to ADSM Version 3 for Windows
and now they can no longer restore these files to that common drive.
Research on this problem tells us that they now need "full control"
permission on that drive to be able to restore these files - whereas with
Version 2 apparently they only needed to have "read and write" access.

Does anyone know if this is true, or am I missing something.  I need to go
back to the client and tell them they need to give full control rights to the
users of this drive and I'd like to know ahead of time if they needed these
rights before with Version 2 and the server administrators have changed or if
this is something new with Version 3.

Thanks for any input.