ADSM-L

Re: MVS server ABEND

1999-09-20 15:00:17
Subject: Re: MVS server ABEND
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:00:17 -0400
>IBM does not
>expect to provide a permanent fix in the next service release because that
>release is already frozen, but does expect to provide a fix in the service
>release after that. This latter release is not expected to ship until some
>time in the year 2000. This does not strike me as a satisfactory response to
>repeated server crashes.

Thomas - I think their response to you was too generalized.  I hope what
         they meant to/should have said was that it's not possible to get
any individual fix into a formalized package of fixes already tested as
a suite and known to work together.  However, a fix-test package *should*
be made available to you asap: that is unformalized and can be put together
without all the steps needed to create a full package suitable for the
world in general.  As with any fix-test package, you have to watch out
for gremlins...the "adverse effects in testing a new drug".
    Richard Sims, BU