ADSM-L

Re: ADSM crash - recovery log problem ?

1999-09-20 09:44:17
Subject: Re: ADSM crash - recovery log problem ?
From: Steven Bridge <ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:44:17 +0100
>Steve - With resultant core file in hand, IBM should be able to tell you
>        very quickly what the problem is - it shouldn't take days or weeks
>for them to respond with this information.  The SIGTRAP makes me wonder
>if some debugging is active in there.

You would think so wouldn't you !!! I'm still waiting though.

>    In any case, the FILE SYSTEM SERIAL NUMBER and INODE NUMBER values
>should allow you to at least check out the file that this is pointing to,
>as potentially being the culprit, which might tell you whether a db
>recovery is in order.
>       Richard Sims, BU

The inode number appears to be that of :

/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin

the directory it's running from.

 Steven Bridge     Systems Group, Information Systems, EISD
                          University College London
 email: s.bridge AT ucl.ac DOT uk                   tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2794