ADSM-L

Re: Tape Drive Sharing

1999-09-16 02:27:42
Subject: Re: Tape Drive Sharing
From: Andreas Buser <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:27:42 +0200
Hi Rick,

we have 2 STK-Silos on 2 locations and 1 ADSM Server on OS/390.  ADSM has
access to all drives. Works fine.  You can limit the numbers of dirves ADSM
gets in two maners:

1. MOUNTLIMIT in the Deviceclass. This limits the number of simultaniousli
allocated drives.

2. From the OS/390 side you could define an ESOTERIC-Unitname which maps to
the drives you want ADSM to use.

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser
Abt. Informatik
Aeschengraben 21
4002 Basel
Switzerland

                    Rick Marshall
                    <Richard.Marshal        An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    l AT BMO DOT COM>              Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:           Thema:  Tape Drive Sharing
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    15.09.99 21:46
                    Bitte antworten
                    an "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Everyone!
          Do any of you know if ADSM is capable of sharing tape drives with
MVS? We have 14 StorageTek silos and a bunch of Timberline 9490 tape drives
being used by our OS/390 MVS applications for backup and batch output. If
we install an ADSM for MVS Server on one of the OS/390 LPARs, will all of
the tape drives in all of the silos be available to ADSM or do we have to
dedicate some of the drives to ADSM only?

Rick