ADSM-L

NT 4.0 client "divide by zero" error

1999-09-15 17:26:04
Subject: NT 4.0 client "divide by zero" error
From: Barb Grajewski <barbgraj AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:26:04 -0500
User OS is WinNT 4.0 Workstation, SP 5 applied.
ADSM Backup Client 2.1.6G installed.
NT's Dr. Watson debugger returns an error that says that "DSM.exe" has
created a divide by zero error, and ADSM terminates.  Don't even get as far
as connecting to the ADSM server.  The Dr. Watson error log entry is pretty
much Greek to me, so I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting.

I encountered this with WinNT 4.0 on another machine about a year ago, with
SP 3, I believe.  A reinstall of the Client software and reapplication of
the Service Pack helped in that case, but isn't working here.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Barb Grajewski
Network Analyst
UIC Eye Center