ADSM-L

Re: Tape Drive Sharing

1999-09-15 17:29:31
Subject: Re: Tape Drive Sharing
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:29:31 -0600
     ADSM is just like any other MVS application and will compete for
     drives with the other applications using the drives.  The only thing
     you can do with ADSM is limit the number of drives he will use for his
     processes.  This is done by setting a mount limit in the devclass
     parameter.  If you put adsm in its own lpar and dedicate drives to
     that lpar you could make adsm use certain drives but I don't know why
     you would do that.
     Jim Sporer