ADSM-L

Restoring Imported Node Data

1999-09-14 10:39:39
Subject: Restoring Imported Node Data
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:39:39 -0500
I'm trying to export a node, including their file data from one server and
import that node and data to another server.  My  client is a version3.1.6 NT
client and my server is a version3 VM mainframe.  The command I'm using is:
EXPORT NODE nodename DEV=ETAPES FILED=ALL.

The export works fine.  No errors.  Then I do an import on the second
server.  The command I'm using is IMPORT NODE nodename DEV=ETAPES FILED=ALL
VOL=volser-from-export-log.  The import works fine.  No errors.

When I login as the client and try to restore any of these imported files to
their original or to a different location, however, I get an error that
reads, "File thought to be compressed but was not."  Not only does it not
restore the files, but if I was restoring to the original location, it's
erasing them from my hard drive!

Anybody seen this?  Am I overlooking something?

Any help is always appreciated.  Thanks.