ADSM-L

Re: Labels in shared 3494

1999-09-13 19:42:36
Subject: Re: Labels in shared 3494
From: Daniel Whicker <heimdall AT MAIL DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:42:36 -0500
LABEL LIBV <library name> search=yes volr=<first#>,<last#> overwrite=no
devt=3590

This assumes that you know the volume numbers that you're checking
in.  Also, if you're using the different category codes, a freshly inserted
volume will have the category FF00 (i.e. the insert category).  This is
actually what the search=yes tells it to look at.  The above is only really
necessary if you don't checkin in or label your mainframe tapes immediatly
after you check them in.  Otherwise the mainframe tapes should have the
category code that it's software assigns it.  (If you want to see all the
volumes and the category codes assigned to them, you can type "mtlib -l
/dev/lmcp0 -qI".  This will display the volumes in the library as well as
their (hex) category codes.