ADSM-L

Backup of NDS on Netware 5

2015-10-04 17:39:21
Subject: Backup of NDS on Netware 5
From: Peter Hadikin [mailto:phadikin AT BCIT.BC DOT CA]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We are also having huge problems backing up the NDS from any of our Netware
5
servers. I have tried using the 3.1.5,
 3.1.6 and the 3.1.7 clients. I have tried backing up to both our VM ADSM
servers, one running at 2.1.0.19 and one at level
 3.1.2.20. None of the combinations work and all give the same symptoms.
This
all worked fine with Netware 4.xx. The
 following is the type of messages we see:

 Normal File --> 2,097,152 .[Root].O=xxxx.CN=yyyyyyyy

 There is no such entry in the directory

 ... this is retried 4 times

 ANS1228E Sending of object '.[Root].O=xxxx.CN=yyyyyyyy' failed

 ANS1301E Server detected system error

 The full context is not being picked up in any of the NDS backup. In the
example above there should be two levels of OU for
 the object being backed up. Not sure why it is not picking it up. Is it the
ADSM client, is it the TSANDS.NLM, is it
 SMDR.NLM? It would be nice to get a reply on this.

If there is somebody from ADSM support that is reading this, I have a
Netware
SMSTRACE and could get other info if it
would be helpful.

Thanks in advance, Peter.