ADSM-L

ADSM Connect Agent for NT. Licensing algorithm?

1999-09-10 14:08:34
Subject: ADSM Connect Agent for NT. Licensing algorithm?
From: Dmitri Chilovich <dmitrich AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:08:34 -0400
Colleagues,
 This questions conserns not only Connect Agent. Also, the answer should
 be different for licensing mechanism for Personal and Unix platforms.

 NT:
 I'd like to distribute 250 ADSM Connect Agent Installations to 250 NT stations.
 I guess I do not need to send all 250 CDs to them. I 've proposed the customers
to download
 the latest ADSM Connect agent Code  from index.storsys.ibm.com - v219ptf3
trybuy .
 After the installation I've proposed to ftp the license file "lic.z" from each
CD to each customer's
 NT ADSM client and run ADSM Installator to install the "ADSM Licenses" set.

 Q: Is it best variant? May the customer have the problems with the restore of
the files after switching to real licenses?    Let's suppose that backup was
done with trybuy licenses.
 Q: Maybe, we do not need to ftp lic.z file to each customer from each CD? In
other words :
 Q: Is the lic.z file unic for each Connect Agent Installation Image CD? Or it's
connected to the CD serial Number?
      Maybe, it's tied up to CPU # like in UNIX ADSM installation?

Sincerely,
Dmitri Chilovich
ADSM Level 2 Support
LN: Dmitri Chilovich/Raleigh/Contr/IBM
E-mail: dmitrich AT us.ibm DOT com
Office phone: 847-240 4654, internal 4654
Pager: 800-946 4646 id 1473134
ADSM USF: Dept.  XVCS, Mngr. Mrs Jane Harris/Raleigh/IBM
IBM Schaumburg, 231 Martingale Rd, IL 60173