ADSM-L

DRM support on ADSM v3.1 on AIX 4.3

1999-09-10 10:22:30
Subject: DRM support on ADSM v3.1 on AIX 4.3
From: Tom Haddad <thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:22:30 -0400
When you run  PREPARE file plan is stored with a file name of  19990910.080000
as an example.  Im saving this file (plan) each day  on this ADSM server. After
so many days, I want to delete old plan files.  My PREPARE command is  PREPARE
PLANPREFIX=/ADSM/DR/PLANS/
Will the SET DRMRPFEXPIREDAYS expire/or/delete plan files  ??

I have not attempted to save a plan on a target server. (I do have 2 ADSM v3.1
servers)

Here an excerpt from HELP for the PREPARE command..... it will expire plan
files ONLY if the DEVCLASS is used.

Parameters

DEVclass=devclassname
     Specifies the device class name that is used to create a recovery plan
     file object on the target server. The device class must have a device
     type of SERVER. This parameter is optional. When this parameter is
     specified, the recovery plan file is written as an object on the target
     server, and a record is created in the volume history table on the
     source server.

     If the DEVCLASS parameter is not specified, the recovery plan file will
     be written to a file according to the plan prefix.
      Note:The maximum capacity specification for the DEVCLASS attribute
           must be larger than the size of the recovery plan file. If the
           size of the recovery plan file exceeds the maximum capacity, the
           PREPARE command fails.

     The naming convention for the archive object that contains the recovery
     plan file on the target server is:

        o Filespace name: ADSM.SERVER

        o High-level qualifier: devclassprefix/servername.yyyymmdd.hhmmss

        o Low-level qualifier: RPF.OBJ.1

     The recovery plan file virtual volume name as recorded in the volume
     history table on the source server is:

        o servername.yyyymmdd.hhmmss