ADSM-L

Re: COMMS WAIT

1999-09-10 09:18:20
Subject: Re: COMMS WAIT
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:18:20 -0400
>We have noticed that the COMMS WAIT figure in the accounting log for one of
our clients backing up over ATM has gone through the roof.

Richard - CommWait is when the client is waiting for the server (as opposed
          to IdleWait, where the server is waiting for the client).
I would do analysis (Query Session and the like) when those client sessions
are active, and wee what's going on.  I sense that you see nothing in the
server activity log to indicate what's happening during this time, so you'll
have to do the real-time analysis.
   Richard Sims, BU