ADSM-L

Re: invalid management class

1999-09-09 17:57:44
Subject: Re: invalid management class
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:57:44 -0400
It's weird.  If you MOVE a node from one DOMAIN to another,
active files will start backing up to the appropriate new management class
in the new domain.

However, inactive files that were deleted and are ready to expire get the
"no valid backup copy group" message, if the new domain DOES NOT have a
management class by the same name as their original management class in the
old domain.

I don't think there is a fix for it.  The circumvention is to create a
management class in the new domain with the same name as the old domain.

If you need more information email me directly, I will try to find the
original APAR text.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert