ADSM-L

ADSM-Web for NT, the client can't get connected to server.

2015-10-04 17:39:21
Subject: ADSM-Web for NT, the client can't get connected to server.
From: ABDULSALAM ABDULLA [mailto:salam AT DUBAL.CO DOT AE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have ADSM server (Web) on RS/6000, AIX.  Then I have several clients,
which are on different RS/6000s, NT, HP, etc.
Recently I downloaded ADSM Web client for NT.  Installation went through
with no problem.
Now when I go to browser and enter http://client-IP:1581 , it activates
the browser (4.0) but it doesn't connect.  I get a message
of "Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site
http://999.99.99.99:1581 .. A connection with server could not be
established"  I remember for AIX client we had to run "dsmcad" in the
background in order for the connection to be established.
But for Windows NT, I don't find this file.  Its either missing or there
should be any other file to run in background? or some other
configuration required.  I went through READme files not clue, can't
find any thing.   Remember that if I try to connect now via GUI, it's
working OK with no problem, can backup, etc.

Appreciate  any help.

Thanks,
Salam