ADSM-L

Re: Single Tape Drive Situation

1999-09-09 11:24:47
Subject: Re: Single Tape Drive Situation
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:24:47 EST
This is my idea : Copy pools are sequential pools. Define a FILE class pool
big enough to hold a tape (FILEs are sequential pools). Run backup
stgpool on the FILE class pool and set this pool migration threshold to 0,
so it will migrate to a next pool in the copy pool hierarchy.

I haven't tested it yet. It is only a suggestion. And it will need a lot of
disk space.

Rodrigo