ADSM-L

Re: ADSM v3 - and client option set

1999-09-08 09:58:01
Subject: Re: ADSM v3 - and client option set
From: Dirk Billerbeck <dirk.billerbeck AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:58:01 +0100
Hello,

I had a similiar problem:

A customer wanted to override the Include/Exclude list in his option file
by entering a command like

dsmc inc -include=C:\...\*

But despite the informations in my IBM student materials the server didn't
accept the command but issued an error message (ANS1108E). So I guess IBM
has changed the command (it worked in v2 and should work in v3 according to
IBM's own - obsolete? - docs) without notification and it is no longer
possible to override the Include/Exclude settings in the option file with a
command line option or an option set...

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
GE CompuNet Kiel
Network and Systems Management
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: ++49-431/3609-117, Fax: ++49-431/3609-190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck @ gecits-eu.com

thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM on 08.09.99 13:08:09