ADSM-L

Solaris for ADSM Server 3.1.2.20 very slow db restore performance

1999-09-07 20:04:10
Subject: Solaris for ADSM Server 3.1.2.20 very slow db restore performance
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:04:10 -0600
Folks,

Solaris Server v3.1.2.20
IBMtape 4.0.3.0
lmcpd 4.0.1.0
3590 Microcode level 57D

We're attempting a database restore on a large Solaris Server, 4 g of memory,
3494 with 3590 drives, db spread across 16 volumes (about 2 gb each).

We're seeing restore rates of 2000 pages per minute.  At this rate, we estimate
a restore time of about 9 hours for a 6 GB database!  Not good.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kelly Lipp
SSSI