ADSM-L

ADSM SNMP subagent not communicating with AIX SNMP agent

1999-09-07 04:08:20
Subject: ADSM SNMP subagent not communicating with AIX SNMP agent
From: Tiong Lee Lan <tiongll AT CYBERWAY.COM DOT SG>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:08:20 +0800
Hi,

I have setup the AIX SNMP Agent.  Traps are sent to a SNMP Manager running HP
Openview.  I have also setup the ADSM Subagent.  But whenever I tried to start
the ADSM SNMP Subagent using "dsmsnmp", I always have the error "ANR4681W
Connect to SNMP agent failed, will keep trying.".

I am running AIX 4.3.2.0 and ADSM Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.40.  Is
there a bug in AIX or something?  As you can see, I have already patched ADSM
to the fullest.

Any advise?

Thanks.

Regards,
Lee Lan

"Experience is not what happens to a person. It is what a
 person does with what happens." Aldous Huxley