ADSM-L

Re: Backup ORACLE DB offline

1999-09-03 03:34:55
Subject: Re: Backup ORACLE DB offline
From: Herfried Abel <HA7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:34:55 +0200
Hi, you could use something like this :
In this example we are working with different server stanzas (ESP/EST).
Look at the Servername, NODname, TCPClientport and INCLExcl stanzas. ( I think
something like this would be good for you too)
You can then start the backup/restore with : dsmc -se=ESP or dsmc -se=EST

dsm.opt:
SERVERNAME         ADSM0
DOMAIN         All-LOCAL
SUBDIR            ON
TAPEPROMPT        NO

dsm.sys:

DEFAULTSERVER           ESP

* DON'T EVER add Nodename !!!
SErvername  ADSM0
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   dsmsv0_fi0
   SCHEDMODe         PRompted

INCLEXCL              /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl

Servername      ESP
   COMMMethod           TCPIP
   COMPRESSIon          No
   ERRORLOGName         /home/adsm/log/dsmerror.ESP.log
   INCLExcl             /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.ESP
   NODename             SAPR3ESP
   PASSWORDAccess       Generate
   SCHEDLOGName         /home/adsm/log/dsmsched.ESP.log
   SCHEDLOGRetention    31 d
   SCHEDMode            Prompted
   TCPBuffsize          32
   TCPCLIENTAddress     sapps0_fi0
   TCPCLIENTPort        1502
   TCPNodelay           Yes
   TCPServeraddress     dsmsv0_fi0
   TCPWindowsize        640
   TXNBytelimit         25600
   MAKESPARSEFILE       No

Servername      EST
   COMMMethod           TCPIP
   COMPRESSIon          No
   ERRORLOGName         /home/adsm/log/dsmerror.EST.log
   INCLExcl             /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.EST
   LARGECOMmbuffers     Yes
   NODename             SAPR3EST
   PASSWORDAccess       Generate
   SCHEDLOGName         /home/adsm/log/dsmsched.EST.log
   SCHEDLOGRetention    31 d
   SCHEDMode            Prompted
   TCPBuffsize          32
   TCPCLIENTAddress     sapts0_fi0
   TCPCLIENTPort        1503
   TCPNodelay           Yes
   TCPServeraddress     dsmsv0_fi0
   TCPWindowsize        640
   TXNBytelimit         25600
   MAKESPARSEFILE       No

Herfried Abel
IS Eurostar/Graz-Austria
Systems & Networking

"Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT> on 02.09.99 17:06:10