ADSM-L

Re: Exporting client nodes with limited resources

1999-09-02 16:25:52
Subject: Re: Exporting client nodes with limited resources
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:25:52 EST
Hi,

>1. The database backup contains all nodes information so separate effort
>is not required/necessary.

So I just need to keep an up-to-date version of my Database, I don't need
to keep "exporting" nodes besides my daily DB Backup. Right ?

>2. Volume history & device configuration. While no modification is
>necessary to volume history, device configuration is quite likely to be
>different on a different machine (even with the same library and tape
>drives). You must modify device configuration to enable the database to
>be restored.

How do you mean modify ? Add to the device configuration file of one side
the entries to the other ?

In one box I have :

/* IBM AdStar Distributed Storage Manager Device Configuration */
DEFINE DEVCLASS 3590DEVCLASS DEVTYPE=3590 FORMAT=3590C MOUNTLIMIT=DRIVES
MOUNTWA
IT=60 MOUNTRETENTION=60 PREFIX=L6 LIBRARY=3590LIB
DEFINE DEVCLASS RECLAIMCLASS DEVTYPE=FILE MAXCAPACITY=1843200K MOUNTLIMIT=1
DIRE
CTORY=/local/adsm/reclaim
DEFINE LIBRARY 3590LIB LIBTYPE=SCSI DEVICE=/dev/rmt0.smc
DEFINE DRIVE 3590LIB 3590DRV DEVICE=/dev/rmt0 ELEMENT=16 ONLINE=Yes
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60000 41 101*/
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60001 40 101*/
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60002 39 101*/
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60003 37 101*/
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60004 38 101*/
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60005 36 101*/
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60006 35 101*/
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60007 34 101*/
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60008 32 101*/
/* LIBRARYINVENTORY SCSI 3590LIB L60009 33 101*/

The other says ...

/* IBM AdStar Distributed Storage Manager Device Configuration */
DEFINE DEVCLASS 3590CLASS DEVTYPE=3590 FORMAT=3590C MOUNTLIMIT=2
MOUNTWAIT=60 MO
UNTRETENTION=60 PREFIX=L5 LIBRARY=3494LIB
DEFINE LIBRARY 3494LIB LIBTYPE=349X DEVICE=/dev/lmcp0 PRIVATECATEGORY=400
SCRATC
HCATEGORY=401
DEFINE DRIVE 3494LIB 3590DRV1 DEVICE=/dev/rmt2 ONLINE=No
DEFINE DRIVE 3494LIB 3590DRV2 DEVICE=/dev/rmt3 ONLINE=No

Sorry they are not on-line ... I am running some maintanence ...

How do I change it so I can read the tapes of my first library on the
second (the 3494) ?

best regards,
Rodrigo