ADSM-L

Re: Server VM V3

1999-09-02 13:56:56
Subject: Re: Server VM V3
From: Carol Trible <trible AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 10:56:56 PDT
Gerhard wrote, in part..
> Preparing to migrate to ADSM Version 3 VM I read the following ("Quick
> Start", page 7):
> "Storage pool volume virtual addresses must be in the range A00-FFF."
> Is this new in version 3?

and Wayne responded
>It was not in version 1 or 2 manuals that I can see. I can't explain why
>I chose A00, A01 ... for my disk pools though!    :-)

Sorry, we goofed - there is no limitation on virtual addresses less than
A00, they will work just fine.  Our examples have always used the A00 up
range for storage volumes, but this is not required.  The same error was in
the Version 2 Quick Start.  Thank you for catching it.

Carol Nylund
ADSM developer