ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Implementation (Was Nacking NT NTFS fs')

1999-09-01 01:12:20
Subject: Re: ADSM Implementation (Was Nacking NT NTFS fs')
From: Don Caronna <dcaronna AT TTANK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:12:20 -0700
I'm with Steffan. Can someone find this "guy" and tell "him" to be nice and
have a clue!
What is "ADSML"?
From,
A Concerned On-looker...

ADSM LIST <adsml AT MAILANDNEWS DOT COM> on 08/31/99 09:06:13 PM

 To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

 cc:      (bcc: Don Caronna/Los Angeles/Ttank)

Talking about implementation, here's a FAIR way of looking at ADSM.

GREAT IDEA!  Nice having somewhat consistent backup interface
across literally any and all platforms.

QUESTIONABLE implementation. It is customary to respect those that
actually have done such a project, but when rubber meets the road,
there are potholes and speedbumps.  What makes this worse is
how the whole ADSM package is coded: ie by whom and where.  Expecially
what happens when different pieces are brought together.  ISO schm-ISO.
(Read Job Security Bro'tha'!)  And the documentation, kills trees,
also makes for a good doorstop!  (See Messages Guide or Admin Ref)

BTW, Tivoli is just a Marketing front, IBM is still driving the car.

ADSML

----------------------------------
Thank You,
Thank You,

Don Caronna
Think Tank Systems, LLC
IBM CATE Certified Technician
Tivoli ADSM Certified Technician/Solutions Provider
Office: (562) 653-2520
Fax:    (562) 653-2560
Email: dcaronna AT ttank DOT com
Web: http://www.ttank.com