ADSM-L

Problems during scheduled incremental backup of an AIX server

1999-08-23 06:16:21
Subject: Problems during scheduled incremental backup of an AIX server
From: Carlos da Cunha e Silva <cdacunha AT ANHYP DOT BE>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:16:21 +0200
Hi there,

We're currently converting our Optical Disk archive to a Hard disk archive
and we've recently stumbled into some problems when we tried to backup
those filesystems. We created a filesystem with a size of 21 Gb for
conversion purposes, 17 Gb is used now but more important about 2700.000
inodes have been created.
(It's a document archive).

I've created a schedule just to backup this filesystem since I suspected
problems with this filesystem. The backup starts but after a while the
dsmerror.log starts filling with messages "PrivFindDir: No memory to
allocate new DirEntry"

I also tried working with the option MemoryEfficientBackup, but this didn't
seem to help. I remember that there used to be a command slowincremental
but I can't find this one anymore .

Has anyone any ideas ?

The server is an AIX 4.2.1 with ADSM 3.1 fix 40 and the client is an AIX
4.2.1 with 3.1.20.6