ADSM-L

Re: Auspex NS2000 and ADSM

1999-08-19 15:15:26
Subject: Re: Auspex NS2000 and ADSM
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:15:26 -0400
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Paul Hettesheimer wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Auspex NS2000 and ADSM?  The host
> processors seem to be a huge bottleneck for the client and I was hoping
> that someone has a different solution.

We no longer have an Auspex, but when we did, we backed it up as
mountpoints on the ADSM Server itself using the Shared Memory port.  The
Auspex is designed to server NFS data, so that is the fastest way to back
it up.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,