ADSM-L

Re: FW: Antwort: exclude parms on HP-UX

1999-08-16 15:26:16
Subject: Re: FW: Antwort: exclude parms on HP-UX
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:26:16 -0500
Cindy,

One thing you might check is the order of your include/exclude statements.
You may already know this, but I was surprised to learn the other day that
the include/exclude statements are processed from the bottom up. So, you
might have a situation where the files you are trying to exclude are
actually being included because they match a include statement below the
exclude. The following is a quote from my ADSM implementation course notebook:

"The exclude/include process is a bottom up process in that the last
exclude/include statement is checked first. When the file matches the
statement, exclude processing ends for that file."

It is a long shot but I hope this helps.

Rick Saylor