ADSM-L

Re: Update DB to reflect vol acc=destroyed

1999-08-09 14:13:17
Subject: Re: Update DB to reflect vol acc=destroyed
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 14:13:17 -0400
> -----     --------
> L00165                       COPYUNIXFS-     3590DEV         10,000.0
> 5.3     Filling
>                               BU
>

> I would like to update the database to reflect that the volume(s) are
> destroyed, thus allowing me to find out what tapes are needed from the
> offsite vault to do a restore.  When I run the following command:
> >update vol L00165 acc=destroyed I receive the following "error" msg:
> ANR2116E UPDATE VOLUME: Access mode for volume L00165 cannot be changed to
> "destroyed" - volume does not belong to a primary storage pool.
> ANR2212I UPDATE VOLUME:  No volumes updated.
>
> What am I doing wrong? It seems to me that the volumes belong to a primary
> storage pool name of: COPYUNIXFS-BU
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the name it would appear that COPYUNIXFS-BU is not a primary pool, but
rather a copy pool.  What does 'q stg COPYUNIXFS-BU f=d' say in the second
line (Storage Pool Type:) Copy or Primary?

If "copy", then you do not need to restore the volume.  Just run "delete
volume L00165 discarddata=yes", and then run 'backup stg primary-pool-name
COPYUNIXFS-BU' to rebackup the files deleted from L00165.

Hope this helps,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,