ADSM-L

Re: Delete Archive Accidentally

1999-08-09 02:28:47
Subject: Re: Delete Archive Accidentally
From: "Mauro M.TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 08:28:47 +0200
Trevor,

        in fact I was looking for some bits of "unofficial" code that could
sweep through the DB and remove all the "marked for delete" flags,
selectively of course. It's just a bit frustrating to be able to see
those files and knowing you can't do much about it, and telling the user
that although you have a copy (DR) you cannot recover them.

        Anyway ... thank you for your reply.

Ciao Mauro

Agrate IT - STMicroelectronics

> Hi Mauro,
>
> I think that the only choice that you have is an ADSM database restore
to a poin
> t before the delete occured. While the delete actually only markes the
entries f
> or delete, and as you seem to be aware it is the expire inventory that
removes t
> he entries and gives back the space. However, I do not know of any way
to remove
>  the marked for delete flag.
>

> Trevor

Can I help