ADSM-L

Re: DLT reliability

1999-08-05 11:24:43
Subject: Re: DLT reliability
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 10:24:43 -0500
Our IBM 7337-305 DLT-library has two DLT7000 drives. It is attached to a
RS/6000. IBM uses a software approach to download the microcode to those
drives from the host machine. I tried several times and always got error.
The service call is still open with IBM. I know that It is also possible to
put the drive into firmware upgrading mode and put a tape containing the
microcode into the drive to upgrade. I am wondering what approach you guys
choose.

Jie

Jie Wu
System and Storage Administrator