ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:41:28
Hi, adsm-ers

We have recently installed the latest SCO version (IP21628, v3.1.0.7 -
incidentally the link from the tivoli "latest fixes" page now has the correct
link!) for a client system.

The initial backup worked fine, and we have had several successful incrementals
since.  But we have also had a couple of system freezes during a backup that
have required a power cycle to restart.  Prior to the install, the system was
only rebooted a couple of times a year.

The client dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log have no useful information, and the
server (solaris v3.1.2.1) simply shows "client not responding after 300
seconds".  The client's messages file shows no information, and so far we have
not seen any evidence of a kernel panic and dump.

Apart from a few exclude statements, the only options we have added to the
dsm.sys and dsm.opt files are "compression yes" and "compressalways no".

Has anybody seen such behaviour before for SCO and if so, have you any hints
please.

tia

dave