ADSM-L

Veritas vs. ADSM

1999-07-30 12:47:17
Subject: Veritas vs. ADSM
From: "CANNAM, CYNTHIA L (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:47:17 -0500
To all:

We're currently in the middle of evaluating Veritas as a method of backup
versus ADSM --- and Veritas is throwing around a tremendous number of poor
claims about ADSM's performance on a variety of platforms, and most
especially with database backups. Most of their information, I suspect, is
"clean-room" material, because although there are some sites using Veritas
out there, it doesn't seem to be the strategic product of choice for medium
or large organizations. And that may mean there are probably not many sites
giving away their "real-world" performance stats, etc.

I'd appreciate any information anyone can provide concerning Veritas ---
good or bad experiences, installation/implementation stories, etc., that
anybody would like to share. If you've done your own comparisons with
Veritas and ADSM, I'd really like to hear from you --- the "real-world"
stuff is where a product lives or dies.

Thanks much!

Cindy Cannam

*       Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
*       Southwestern Bell Telephone
*       Systems Manager/Technical Support
*       Open Systems Storage - ADSM
*       (314)340-0722 work
*       (314)879-1696 pager
*       (314)340-0992 fax